Heartwarming: Super Sunday

Just checking in for a quick update to reassure you all that I'm still alive. I had grand intentions of participating in this week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection, but studying and recouping from the lack of sleep over the weekend got in the way. I'm still in the midst of a test block (my final one as a first-year!), but I couldn't stay from you all too long, so I'm going to share a bit of my Sunday celebrations.

As everyone knows, this past Sunday was Mother's Day. It also happened to be my brother's 20th birthday. Considering this double whammy, I had to take a break from memorizing my Physiology notes and go out to dinner with my family. We decided to treat my mom to dinner at Sushi Neko. The ambiance was swaky as usual, and the Seared Tuna Salad appetizer (pictured above) was PHENOMENAL. However, I wasn't super crazy about the sushi rolls. Perhaps it was because I just had sushi a little over a week ago at Tokyo, but I wasn't impressed with the selection at Sushi Neko. I'm going to step out onto a branch and say that Tokyo had a selection more to my liking. Neko still has a superior construction of sushi, though.

After dinner we went home and surprised my brother with an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.
Since it was frozen, it took quite a bit of elbow grease to slice the cake. My mom put her muscles to good work on Sunday night.
It was all worth it in the end. The Stawberry Passion cake, which is composed of layers of red velvet cake and strawberry ice cream with crushed graham crackers mixed in, was super delicious!
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I will be back in full swing next week when my exams are over and my summer vacation starts. I will probably be making this week's TWD selection, Florida Pie, over the weekend, so keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, visit the group's blogroll to see everyone's wonderful creations!

Sushi Neko
4318 N. Western Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Cold Stone Creamery
315 S. MacArthur Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73128

1 comments:

  1. Jessika said...

    I just wanted to comment-- I used to live in OKC and am actually coming there this weekend for a short visit. I don't really have any experience but seeing as a) one of my friends just started working there and b) another friend is obsessed with the place and told me she's buying I think I will be indulging in exotic fishy flavors in s few short days. Another coincidence-- I used to manage a Cold Stone and seeing that cake brought back memories of making them. I enjoy your blog, especially because it's one of the only food blogs from OKC. =]