Black and White Banana Loaf

This week's Tuesday with Dorie was brought to you in part by Ashlee of A Year in the Kitchen. I have to admit that I was slightly skeptical about this recipe. I like banana breads fine, as well as chocolate ones. Together, though? I wasn't sure if the banana and chocolate flavors would mesh well in a loaf.

Fortunately, my worries were for not. The bread was moist and had a hint of a great banana taste. I went wild this week and opted to "play around" by adding the toasted pecans, which really did add a dimension to the texture and the taste. The bread wasn't overly sweet, so my parents really enjoyed this week's selection. My only complaint was that the chocolate parts could have been stronger and a bit sweeter. Perhaps I'll use semisweet chocolate instead of bittersweet if I make this again. Considering my parents' reactions to the bread, there will definitely be a next time.

Sorry that this post is on the short side. I had corrective vision surgery over the weekend, and my vision is super blurry. It was really hard to read the recipe for this week's selection, but I managed to persevere with the aide of a magnifying glass. I'll be keeping a low profile for a few days, so in the meantime, you should check out the going-ons of the other TWD members. If you want to make your very own Black and White Banana Loaf, you can find the recipe on Ashlee's blog.

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!

23 comments:

  1. Christine said...

    Wow, your banana bread looks delicious! Next time I am adding nuts! Rest and get better!  

  2. CB said...

    ooohhh I bet the toasted pecans were yummy! Hope your eye surgery recovery is fast!
    Clara @ iheartfood4thought  

  3. Bumblebutton said...

    I'm sure the nuts were a terrific addition. Hope your vision clears up soon! You were very brave to do it...I want to, but I'm chicken!  

  4. Passionate Baker said...

    Wowww, yum!
    looks great!...i like how you added some things to the bread.
    great job!
    <3  

  5. Megan said...

    Speedy recovery wishes to you! My husband had the same surgery and he loves not wearing glasses anymore! So sit back, enjoy the banana loaf and relax!
    It looks so good with the nuts - I wish I could have put them in mine!  

  6. Anonymous said...

    Pecans, yum! Now, go rest your eyes! Looks great!  

  7. Anne said...

    It looks wonderful! Nice swirling and it looks like the perfect texture. Yum!  

  8. Anonymous said...

    MMm those toasted pecans look really great, wish I had bothered to do that. Your loaves look really moist too! Nice work!  

  9. Anonymous said...

    Hope your surgery went well! The pecans were an awesome addition. Good choice!  

  10. Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

    Yum! Yours looks wonderful!  

  11. Engineer Baker said...

    Good luck on the surgery recovery! Your loaf looks fantastically moist and delicious.  

  12. Natalie said...

    Your bread looks fantastic and hope your eyes recover soon!  

  13. Mari said...

    You're my heroine! Baking after corrective eye surgery?! Dedication! Your loaf looks very good, I think I'll play around with some add-ins the next time I make this recipe, too.  

  14. marae said...

    your bread looks scrumptious...even with not so powerful chocolate. i actually added more chocolate and used heavy cream instead of butter for it and it was divine. the choco was my fave part...! hope your eyes feel better!  

  15. Pamela said...

    Hope you are feeling better now. I am impressed that you did this, even with the blurred vision. It looks lovely.  

  16. Cecilia said...

    Hi everyone! Thank you for your kind wishes; my eyes are slowly getting better. I'm going a bit cabin crazy because I'm too scared to drive and venture out into the world with this kind of vision. As we're nearing the end of this loaf, I'm thinking about making something else...  

  17. Nancy/n.o.e said...

    Wow, above and beyond the call of duty! Your loaf is lovely, and the pecans sound wonderful. I didn't even see that suggestion...

    Nancy  

  18. Anonymous said...

    The bread is lovely. Hope you can see again soon!  

  19. Summertime said...

    Wow, baking after eye surgery? You're like some kind of super woman! And your banana bread looks awesome! Hope you recover quickly.  

  20. Jules Someone said...

    That looks just delicious!  

  21. Michelle H said...

    That loaf looks absolutely delish! Great job! :o)  

  22. Kana said...

    Hope you are feeling much better! The cake looks great!  

  23. Anonymous said...

    So u hv dabbled and made a flavorsome food.